[Limdep Nlogit List] Handling large dataset

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed May 10 00:38:40 AEST 2023

Matt. The maximum number of rows in NLOGIT 6 is about 3 million.
That said, if "preparation" of the data turns 250,000 rows into 750,000
I suspect there is a more compact way to proceed.   And, you probably
do not need 900 columns.  It's easy to adjust the number of rows, but
I think first, we should look at why 250K rows turns the same data into
750K rows.  You will be much better off if you can avoid this.
Regards
Bill Greene

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 4:38 PM Mat English via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm dealing with a large dataset with about 250,000 rows and 50 columns
> which becomes about 750,00 rows after data preparation for the model. The
> maximum number of rows that NLOGIT can handle is about 555,555 rows and 900
> columns. Do you have any suggestions for handling such a large dataset?
>
> Regards,
> Matt
> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Stern School of Business, New York University
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics