[Limdep Nlogit List] Plotting b from RPL model

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 4 04:43:59 AEDT 2022

Jason.  First, the beta has to be one of the random parameters.  The model
results
display the betas and the sigmas for the RPs.  Suppose the beta is called
bx1 in the
results and the value given is 0.0789. Suppose also the standard deviation
is given
and the value given is 0.0245.  Then the beta is normally distributed with
mean 0.0789
and standard deviation 0.0245.  You can simulate the estimated distribution
with
CREATE ; Beta1Sim = Rnn(0.0789,0.0245) $
Then
KERNEL ; Rhs = Beta1Sim $
See the manual for labeling options.
Regards
Bill Greene

--
William Greene
Department of Economics, emeritus
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics