[Limdep Nlogit List] latent class model and RPL

Elias José Gordillo Chávez elias.gordillo at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Dec 6 16:06:58 AEDT 2022

I analyzed the preferences of farmers toward 4 attributes and ran several models. The first one was a mixed model, in which, according to their standard deviation, some attributes indicate heterogeneity in people's preferences. With this in mind, I ran a latent class model of fixed parameters and a latent class model of random parameters. However, in both models, there is a class in which the coefficients of some attributes and the constant specific alternative are very high. For example, one of the attributes has a coefficient of -23.1 and a standard error of 20.5; My quiestion esi these high coefficients could be indicating that my data are not adequate for these models? and I should stay with the mixed model only.

Thank you
Regards
Elías Gordillo

Elías José Gordillo-Chávez
Profesor-Investigador
División Académica de Ciencias Biológicas
Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco
Lab. Ecología del Paisaje y Cambio Global

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HSZ-CWLVXkUjY9VJgh6mwCZ?domain=orcid.org
Scopus Author ID: 55825273400