[Limdep Nlogit List] Joint logit Model in Nlogit

minal srivastava minal.crri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:25:53 AEST 2018

Dear All,

In case of forming a joint logit model for residential location choice and travel mode choice, how should my data format look like.
I know for a MNL model or a Nested logit model, for each observation I need to convert to long data format ( depending upon the number of choice alternative). For e.g. for 100 observations with 5 travel mode choices, the total number of data input lines would be (5*100) =500.

But in case of joint logit model, If I have 3 location choice alternatives and 5 travel mode choice alternative how should I prepare my data input file? Am I supposed to use two different data files, one with (3*100) 300 input lines and other with (5*100) 500 input lines?

Looking forward to your kind reply.