[Limdep Nlogit List] Seeking help on an error message related to Hausman Test in random effects panel model

fengxia zhu fengxiaz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 04:01:27 AEDT 2017

Hi,

I have encountered the following error when running a random effects panel
model.

Error: 425: REGR;PANEL. Could not invert VC matrix for Hausman test.

I looked over the LIMDEP manual and could not find a way to resolve it.

Below is the command I used:

REGRESS
;Lhs=Y
;Rhs=ONE, x1, x2
;group=NID1
; pds=FREQ
;Panel
    ;Random
$

I know that the estimation of the model is ok but needed the test to
determine whether my final model should be a fixed effects or random
effects model.
Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated!
Sincerely,
FZ