[Limdep Nlogit List] random parameters logit

Marjolein Maria Juliette Harmsen-van Hout Marjolein.harmsen at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 18 01:08:43 EST 2010

Dear prof. Greene,

Thanks for your reply. Even estimation with 500 Halton draws provides the same difference. Moreover, the program claims normal exit for both models:

1st model: "* Converged Normal exit from iterations. Exit status=0. Function=  .11994470974D+04, at entry,  .11904739292D+04 at exit Error  1027: Models - estimated variance matrix of estimates is singular"

2nd model: "* Converged Normal exit from iterations. Exit status=0. Function=  .11906631459D+04, at entry,  .11817440931D+04 at exit +---------------------------------------------+ | Random Parameters Logit Model etcetera"

In case of either of your suggested possibilities, in how far can I trust the estimations found with my 2nd model?

Best regards,
Marjolein Harmsen - van Hout