[Limdep Nlogit List] Sample Selection probit / mnl

Suzanne Clain suzanne.clain at villanova.edu
Fri Sep 17 18:43:02 EST 2010

JT --

This suggestion may be all wrong, but let me make it in any case ...

I've seen that error message when doing an ordered choice model.  When it occurred, it was related to an error in the coding of the dependent variable.  The program truly does need a dependent variable that is coded 0, 1, ... (as you say that yours is);  however, if your dependent variable is actually coded 1,2, ... (as SAS or Stata might require) then Limdep will give exactly this error message.  (See Limdep econometric modelling guide volume 1, p. E18-3 for an explanation why.)

Suzanne H. Clain, PhD
Associate Professor of Economics and Statistics
Villanova School of Business
Villanova University
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA  19085