[Limdep Nlogit List] problem with "Help" in LIMDEP

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Mar 27 12:47:04 EST 2009

Frank (and those interested).  If you are using Windows XP, there is a
solution to this problem described in the support page of the limdep
website, limdep.com. However, the limdep help file is incompatible with
Windows Vista. Here is another solution.  Download the file

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/limdep.qhm

Place it in your desktop folder, then rename it limdep.chm.  (You have
to do this because if you try to download a .chm  file with your browser,
the browser will try to execute the file, rather than download it.
.chm = compiled html.)

Once you have limdep.chm on your desktop, you have a standalone version
of the Help system that does not require the .dll files that the internal
one does. You can run limdep.chm any time you wish, whether using limdep
or not.  Just double click the icon.  Note as well, that this .chm file
is useable with Vista or XP.

/Bill Greene