[Limdep Nlogit List] Problem with NLSUR

wgreene at stern.nyu.edu wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Mar 13 10:07:01 EST 2009

Mr. James. Your errors are theoretical, not in the command. (1) if you are going to use instrumental variables and not nonlinear least squares, you don't have enough instruments. You'd need at least 5. (2) you are using the variables in the equation (too few in number) as instruments. This does not make sense.  You are not defining an IV estimator this way. If you just want to use SUR, delete the ;inst=... From the command.
/B. Greene