[Limdep Nlogit List] Fw: maximize command on panel data

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Thu Mar 12 18:44:14 EST 2009

Dear Ashutosh: Until the next versions of limdep and nlogit come out, unfortunately,
the MAXIMIZE program is not well equipped to handle panel data.  What you can do
for the present is move the panel to a single line format the way Gauss and Stata
do it.  Use lagged values to create a single line. E.g., if you had two periods,

CREATE ; t = Trn(-2,0)$
CREATE ; y2=y ; y1=y[-1] $
CREATE ; x2=x ; x1=x[-1] $
REJECT ; t=1 $

Then your command can act on y1,y2,x1 and x2.  A little inelegant, to be sure. Also,
you will have to be more creative if the panel is unbalanced. But, as noted, it is a
new feature we are working on.

/Bill Greene