[Limdep Nlogit List] welfare calculation in discrete choice experiments

Caroline Johanna Biehl Caroline-Johanna.Biehl at gmx.de
Tue Mar 3 22:10:21 EST 2009

Dear all,
I have a question concerning welfare calculations (compensating variation CV, Hanemann (1982)) based on a choice experiment. I did a latent class model in nlogit and found 2 distinct classes. I have alternative specific price effects in my model.
CV= 1/alpha (ln (sum exp (V0))-ln (sum exp(V1)) )
Since alpha is supossed to equal the price effect when assuming no income effects, i have now the problem that i have several alphas (for each alternative). Does anyone know how to deal with that?

I would be glad for any comment,
Thank you
Caro