[Limdep Nlogit List] Distribution Selection/identification criteria for RPL models

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Feb 27 00:09:57 EST 2008

Dear M. Dutta: There is no standard test for the mixing distribution in a
mixed model.  It is possible - I would not say certainly, nowever - that the
conditions underlying the Vuong test would apply. If so, then you could use
a Vuong test to do the test. On the other hand, I would be very surprised if
this test had much power for the kind of test you propose here.  In the final
analysis, I would guess that you will end up choosing the model that produces
the most reasonable results.
Regards,
Bill Greene