[Limdep Nlogit List] Does LIMDEP 9 have a Gaussian hypergeometric function?

Richard Hofler rhofler at bus.ucf.edu
Sat Dec 20 07:33:03 EST 2008

Hello All,

I have developed a new count data model and its log-likelihood. I want
to program the ML estimation using LIMDEP's (version 9.0) MAXIMIZE
procedure.

My challenge is that the log-likelihood contains a Gaussian
hypergeometric function (often denoted 2F1).  BTW, the Gaussian
hypergeometric function can also be represented as the sum from zero to
infinity of the ratio of several gamma functions. This means that, if a
Gaussian hypergeometric function is not available, I need to be able to
write my function in MAXIMIZE with a term that is the sum that I mention
in the previous sentence.

So, here are my questions:
(1)	Does LIMDEP 9 have a Gaussian hypergeometric function?
(2)	How do I program a sum from zero to infinity in the function
definition (Fcn =) part of MAXIMIZE/MINIMIZE?
Thanks very much for your help.  Happy holidays.

Richard

Richard Hofler
Professor
Department of Economics