[Limdep Nlogit List] RPL panel data random effects model [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Laplagne, Patrick plaplagne at pc.gov.au
Fri Jan 5 10:45:10 EST 2007

Iain,

I am not an NLogit guru, but I have had the same problem as you fitting a RPL model with panel data. Solutions you could try are:

1. Rescale some of your variables that have values orders of magnitude greater than the others (e.g. 0-100 instead of 0-1)
2. Drop variables that are likely to be highly correlated or predict perfectly
3. Relax the default convergence criteria (see Limdep Reference Guide, p. R9-10)

Hope this helps,

Patrick