[GPlates-discuss] Adjust time step used to calculate displayed velocity fields?

jonny wu jonnywu_rhul at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 21:24:52 AEDT 2016

Hi all
I'd like to adjust the velocity time step that is used to calculate the displayed velocity fields in Gplates.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  It seems the velocity time step is set at 1 Ma, but I like to choose a shorter time increment.
For example, I have modelled an abrupt plate motion change at 2 Ma.  If the plate velocity fields are shown at coarse 1 Ma increments, my abrupt plate motion change can appear in Gplates between the single 2 Ma to 1 Ma timestep without any problems.  However, if I view the plate model at finer 0.2 Ma increments, the abrupt plate motion change is smoothly interpolated between the 2 to 1 Ma timesteps.  I would like to see an abrupt change between 2.0 and 1.8 Ma, and constant plate motion directions after 1.8 Ma.
Does anyone have experience with this?
thanks in advanceJonny Wu ==Jonny WuPost-doctoral Research FellowDepartment of GeosciencesNational Taiwan University, Taipeihttp://suppelab.gl.ntu.edu.tw/jonny