[ASA] Decadal Plan town hall meeting: High performance - computing and simulations (23 April)

Bernhard Mueller bernhard.mueller at monash.edu
Thu Apr 18 16:27:51 AEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

as part of the development of the new Decadal Plan for Australian
Astronomy, both the Theory and the Data & Computing working groups are
dealing with our needs in High-Performance Computing (HPC) for theory and
simulations.

The relevant subcommittees of the two working groups are jointly organising
an online town hall meeting

High performance - computing and simulations

on

Tuesday, 23 April, 2 - 3 pm AEST
(Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Brisbane/Hobart), 1:30 am - 2:30 pm ACST
(Adelaide), 12 - 1 pm AWST (Perth)

(Note: This is the same town hall that was announced by WG Theory Mark
Krumholz through the ASA exploder in mid-March)

We invite anyone working in theory and simulations (to be interpreted
broadly) to join this town hall meeting, which will take place on Zoom:

https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/QKYFC6XQ4LfVVqJ1XFpsaGi?domain=anu.zoom.us

The town hall meeting is an important opportunity for providing community
feedback for the new Decadal Plan in an interactive format. We hope that
many of you can attend.

Best wishes,

Bernhard Mueller (WG Theory, HPC hardware & software subcommittee chair)

Mark Krumholz (WG Theory Chair; WG Data and Computing, HPC subcommittee
chair)

Chris Power (WG Data & Computing Co-Chair, WG Theory, HPC hardware &
software subcommittee)

A/Prof Bernhard Müller
School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University
bernhard.mueller at monash.edu
Councillor, Astronomical Society of Australia

Videos & press
Forschung in Australien - Supernovae und der Sternenhimmel der Südhalbkugel:
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/7TraC71R2NTEEwYQLhWD93L?domain=youtube.com
Situation of scientists with disabilities in Germany:
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/lavZC81V0PTOOEgz9u2ZomH?domain=laborjournal.de
ICTS Summer School Lectures 2022:
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/X5b4C91WPRTRRDjM8sOTakh?domain=youtube.com
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/3PvJC0YKPviJJpzMjuOlEqa?domain=youtube.com
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/a2dwCgZ0N1iPPDJm8s7AkOK?domain=youtube.com
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/b3q8CjZ1N7illV03gtjsx7O?domain=youtube.com
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/8VVzCk81N9tYYPvrguNJlbf?domain=youtube.com

"Vers l’Orient compliqué, je volais avec des idées simples. "      de
Gaulle ☨