[ASA] Subaru International Partnership Science and Instrumentation Workshop: 1st Circular

Chris Lidman chris.lidman at aao.gov.au
Fri Feb 10 16:26:56 AEDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,
   This is the first circular of the Subaru International Partnership Science and
Instrumentation Workshop to be held at NAOJ Tokyo-Mitaka campus on 22-24 Mar 2017.
Registration can be made at our webpage until 28th Feb 2017. Participation, contributed
talks and posters are welcome!

Best wishes,
Taddy Kodama and Chris Lidman
On behalf of the organizers

     Subaru International Partnership Science and Instrumentation Workshop
          http://optik2.mtk.nao.ac.jp/meeting/SubaruWS2017/index.html

Place: Large seminar room, Subaru building, NAOJ Tokyo-Mitaka campus, Japan
Dates: 22-24 March 2017

Purpose:
  Towards Subaru partnership, some representative researchers from potential partner
  countries will meet and discuss collaborations. This is the first such official
  occasion and we aim to first of all know each other, identify common interests on
  science and instrumentation, and extend on-going collaborations and/or seek for new
  potential collaborations.
  The sessions will consist of two types of talks;
  1. On-going/starting collaborations and future extensions, and
  2. Mutual/common interests and potential new future collaborations.

Tentative program:
Mar 22 (Wed)
  09:00-09:05  Opening (by Arimoto)
  09:05-09:30  Subaru instruments and capabilities (by Hattori)
  09:30-10:00  Subaru large surveys (HSC and PFS) (by Takada)
  10:00-10:30  Subaru partnership scheme (by Iwata)
  10:00-12:00  Science/Instrumentation session
  13:30-16:00  Science/Instrumentation session
  16:00-17:00  Discussion
  17:30-       Banquet (Cosmos Kaikan)
Mar 23 (Thu)
  09:00-12:00  Science/Instrumentation session
  13:30-16:00  Science/Instrumentation session
  16:00-17:00  Discussion
Mar 24 (Fri)
  09:00-11:00  Science/Instrumentation session
  11:00-12:00  Discussion (Partnership)
  End of the workshop

 (13:30-16:00  Business session for AUS-Subaru partnership (@2F meeting room))

Invited speakers:

<<Japan>> Coordinator: Taddy Kodama (NAOJ)
High-z galaxies: Yuichi Matsuda (NAOJ)
AGN: Tohru Nagao (Ehime)
Cluster: Yusei Koyama (Subaru)
LG and MW: Wako Aoki (NAOJ)
Exoplanets and PPDs: Masayuki Kuzuhara (NINS-ABC)
Time domain: Masaomi Tanaka (NAOJ)
ULTIMATE (AO): Yosuke Minowa (Subaru)
Wide-field NIR instruments+IFU: Masayuki Akiyama (Tohoku)
IRD/CARIS: Takayuki Kotani (NAOJ)

<<Australia>> Coordinator: Chris Lidman (AAO)
Jeffe Cooke (Swinburne)
Sanjb Sharma (USyd)
Chris Tinney (UNSW)
Julia Bryant (AAO/USyd)
Joss Bland_Hawthorn (USyd)

<<<EAO member countries>>> Coordinator: Jessica Dempsey (EAO)
<<China>> Coordinator: Lei Hao (Shanghai)
Gregory Herczeg (Kavli-Beijing)
Jiasheng Huang (SAO)
Lei Hao (Shanghai)
<<Korea>> Coordinator: Byeong-Gon Park (KASI)
Byeong-Gon Park (KASI)
To be determined/confirmed
<<Taiwan>> Coordinator: Shiang-Yu Wang (ASIAA)
Shiang-Yu Wang (ASIAA)
Yen-Ting Lin (ASIAA)
Keiichi Umetsu (ASIAA)
Wen-Ping Chen (NCU)

<<Canada>> Coordinator: Luc Simard (NRC-Herzberg)
To be determined/confirmed

Registration:

Please register via our webform (http://optik2.mtk.nao.ac.jp/meeting/SubaruWS2017/registration.html) for presentations (talk/poster), accommodation in the Cosmos-Kaikan, financial support, and participation in the banquet. The deadline is 28 February, 2017 (JST).

Banquet:

The banquet will be held on Mar 22 at the COSMOS-kaikan cafeteria in the Mitaka campus.
Please register following the instruction above to attend the banquet.

Accommodation:

*** Please make a reservation on your own ASAP! Nearby hotels are already
very busy in the week of the workshop and some are not available! Be quick! ***

<<Some recommended hotels>>
<Along JR Chuo line>
Shinjuku (20min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Keio Plaza Hotel (Hi class)  http://www.keioplaza.com/
 - Shinjuku Washington Hotel  http://shinjuku.washington-hotels.jp/
 - Hotel Gracery  http://shinjuku.gracery.com/
Koenji (15min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Hotel Mets Koenji  http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/en/156.html
 - Hotel Ark Tower  http://arktower.jp/english/
Kichijoji (5min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Kichijoji Tokyu Rei Hotel  http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/hotel/TR/TR_KICHI/index.html
 - Kichijoji Dai-Ichi Hotel  http://www-a.global.hankyu-hotel.com/kichijoji-daiichi/
Mitaka  (3min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Richmond Hotel Tokyo Musashino  http://musashino.richmondhotel.jp/
 - Mitaka City Hotel  http://travel.rakuten.com/hotel/Japan-Tokyo_Prefecture-Mitaka-Mitaka_City_Hotel/135381/?adults=1
Musashi-Sakai (Nearest JR Chuo-line Station to NAOJ)
 - Hotel Mets Musashi-Sakai  http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/en/124.html
Kokubunji (7min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Hotel Mets Kokubunji  http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/en/123.html
 - Business Hotel Daiwa  http://travel.rakuten.com/hotel/Japan-Tokyo_Prefecture-Kokubunji-Business_Hotel_Daiwa/28297/?adults=1
Tachikawa (15-20 min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Hotel Mets Tachikawa  http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/en/160.html
 - Palace Hotel Tachikawa  http://www.palace-t.co.jp/english/
 - Tachikawa Washington Hotel  http://en.washington-hotels.jp/
Hachioji (30min to Musashi-Sakai by train)
 - Keio Plaza Hotel Hachioji  http://www.keioplaza.com/hachioji/
<Along Keio line>
Chofu (Nearest Keio-line Station to NAOJ)
 - Creston Hotel Chofu  http://www.crestonhotel.jp/chofu/en/
 - Hotel Livemax Chofu  http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/detail/4020A34
Fuchu (5-10min to Chofu by train)
 - Hotel Continental Fuchu  http://www.hotel-continental.co.jp/english/
 - Hotel Livemax Fuchu  http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/detail/4020A40
 - Hotel Livemax Fuchu Annex  http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/detail/4020A36
<Others>
Check the sites below with keywords like "Musashisakai", "Chofu", "Shinjuku", etc.
 - Rakuten Travel
    http://travel.rakuten.com/
 - Booking.com
    http://www.booking.com/country/jp.html?aid=356995;label=gog235jc-country-XX-jp-jp-unspec-jp-com-L%3Aja-O%3AwindowsS7-B%3Achrome-N%3Ayes-S%3Abo-U%3Asalo;sid=80e8fd5076a03e853be6054c2ef52455;inac=0&

Financial support:

For invited speakers, domestic travels, local accommodation, and per-diem will be
fully supported by Subaru/NAOJ. If you volunteer to use your own budget,
that would be appreciated, and let us know.  Note that international flight
fares will not be covered.
For other participants (speakers or poster presenters), we *may* be able to support
a fraction of domestic travels and/or local accommodation, but our budget is limited
and it is unlikely that we can fulfill all your requests.

Access to the Venue:

You fly in either Narita airport or Haneda airport.
Directions to NAOJ Mitaka campus can be found at
http://www.nao.ac.jp/en/access/mitaka/access.html
Campus map can be obtained from
http://www.nao.ac.jp/en/access/mitaka/visit/

If you need an invitation letter for visa application, please contact us as soon as possible.

Contact:
  The loc e-mail address is the following:
  partner201703loc "at" naoj.org
  If you have any question, let us know.

Organizers:
  AUS: Chris Lidman (AAO)
  Canada: Luc Simard (NRC)
  EAO member countries: Jessica Dempsey (EAO), Lei Hao (Beijing), Byeong-Gon Park (KASI),
     Shiang-Yu Wang (ASIAA)
  Japan: T. Kodama, (NAOJ; Chair), Y. Niino (NAOJ), Y. Takagi (NAOJ), N. Yamada (NAOJ),
     Y. Koyama (Subaru), Y. Minowa (Subaru), N. Ohashi (Subaru),
     T. Nagao (Ehime), M. Yoshida (Hiroshima)

----

Dr. Chris Lidman
Head of National Facilities Support
Australian Astronomical Observatory