[ASA] Final Announcement: "From Field to clusters--HI as a tracer of galaxy evolution" workshop.

Virginia Kilborn vkilborn at swin.edu.au
Sun Feb 5 22:41:23 AEDT 2017

This is the final announcement for the "From Field to clusters--HI as a tracer of galaxy evolution" workshop.

This is a 3-day workshop to be held at Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia on the 8th-10th of March 2017.   The workshop will provide an opportunity to discuss the latest research on the impact of environment in galaxy evolution. We look forward to bringing together experts from across all observational wavelengths as well as theoretical simulations.   We aim to identify the open questions that the next-generation surveys such as WALLABY can help answer.

The registration for this workshop is free. However places are limited and we encourage everyone to register early.  More information about this meeting and registration can be found from our website: <https://sites.google.com/site/swg> https://sites.google.com/site/swg3workshop/

The gender balance of this conference has been endorsed by the ASA's Inclusion, Diversity and Equity in Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter.

Confirmed invited speakers:
Barbara Catinella (ICRAR/UWA)
Aeree Chung (Yonsei University)
Claudia Lagos (ICRAR/UWA)
Karen Lee-Waddell (CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science)
Attila Popping (ICRAR/UWA)
Chris Wolf (ANU)

We hope to see you in March!

Regards,
Virginia (on behalf of the SOC committee)

SOC: Virginia Kilborn (co-chair), Ivy Wong (co-chair), Katinka Gereb, Tobias Westmeier, Angel Lopez-Sanchez & Juan Madrid

Prof. Virginia Kilborn
Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
Ph (w) +61 (0)3 9214 4380
WWW: http://bit.ly/24vsqSR