[ASA] First Pietro Barrachi conference: pre-deadline announcement (early registration and abstract submission deadline August 1)

George.Heald at csiro.au George.Heald at csiro.au
Wed Jul 27 11:12:25 AEST 2016

The "First Pietro Baracchi Conference: Italo-Australian Radio Astronomy in the Era of the SKA" will be held in Perth, November 1 - 4, 2016.  The conference website can be found at:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/conferences/2016/Baracchi/index.html

We have had an excellent registration response and have a fantastic range of Italian and Australian speakers for the conference, across a wide range of astrophysics and cosmology relevant to the Square Kilometre Array.

The conference schedule will contain many fascinating talks as well as ample opportunity for discussion and informal interactions, tours of local radio astronomy institutes and facilities (i.e. Pawsey supercomputing Centre), and a full social program (at no cost to participants).

This is a reminder announcement that abstract submission and early registration for the conference closes on August 1.  Soon after this date, the conference schedule will be finalised.  We therefore encourage anyone interested in submitting an abstract to do so before August 1.

On behalf of the organising committees,

George Heald

Oscar Moze

Steven Tingay

George Heald

OCE Science Leader

CASS/Perth Astrophysics Team Leader

CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science

E george.heald at csiro.au T +61 8 6436 8758

26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151, Australia

www.csiro.au | www.atnf.csiro.au