[ASA] Gemini Users' Committee Meeting 2016

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jul 19 11:51:12 AEST 2016

Dear All,

I will be representing Australian users of the Gemini telescopes at the annual Users' Committee Meeting in Hilo,

on Aug 16-17.

In 2016 Australia became a limited-term partner with 7 classical nights available for allocation on Gemini North and South.

The good news is that the Australia Astronomy Limited is considering funding the extension of this partnership in 2018.

I am looking forward to getting any feedback from Gemini users (including future users) before the meeting, especially on:

- recent changes in the mode of observations;

- the process of application for observing time;

- the post-observing experience, including accessibility of help with data reduction;

- and the usefulness of the recently introduced Data Reduction Forum.

Best Regards,

Lucyna

Dr Lucyna Kedziora-Chudczer
Postdoctoral Fellow