[ASA] ANITA Elections

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 17:02:28 AEDT 2016

Australian National Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (ANITA) 2016 Elections

Dear ASA Members,

ANITA will shortly be holding its annual election for positions on the ANITA Steering Committee. I am acting as Returning Officer, and will be vacating my Chair position to take-on the role of Past Chair.

ANITA is a Chapter of the ASA, and aims to support and promote the role of theoretical astrophysics, simulations, HPC and mathematical astrophysics within the Australian community. The Charter, current activities and current Steering Committee are available on the website:

www.anita.edu.au<http://www.anita.edu>

The positions available during this election are:

- Chair (two-year position)

- 3 General Steering Committee members (two-year positions)

- 1 student representative (one-year position)

The positions are open to any member of the ASA. Current and past committee members may nominate. The schedule for elections is:

- February 22, 2016         Election announced

- February 22 - March 14   Nominations open

- March 15 - 21                   Election held

- March 22                         New committee announced and new committee begins operation.

Please email me with any questions. To nominate, please email me your name, a short paragraph describing yourself and your interest in ANITA, and the position for which you are nominating.

Regards,

Cathryn

ANITA Chair and ANITA Returning Officer

Cathryn Trott
Senior Research Fellow and ARC DECRA Fellow
ARC Centre of Excellence for All-Sky Astrophysics

International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
Curtin University
Bentley WA, Australia

cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au<mailto:cathryn.trott at curtin.edu.au>