[ASA] 2015 Summer Studentship applications at ICRAR (UWA & Curtin) are now open!

Gerhardt Meurer Gerhardt.Meurer at uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 20 18:42:40 AEST 2015

Dear ASA Members,

Applications have opened for our summer studentship program at both nodes of ICRAR (U. Western Australia & Curtin U.). Please see the attached poster and below for details. Please forward this to any likely undergraduate candidates as well as others that may be teaching undergrads interested in pursuing astronomy, engineering, or high-performance computing.  That way they can take an important step along the path towards their career and we will have a great pool of students to select from this year.

Cheers,
Kirsten

Applications are now open for ICRAR’s 2015 Summer Studentship Program!

We’re searching for eight talented undergraduate students to join us over summer to work in astronomy (including, theory, simulations or observational), radio astronomy engineering or data intensive astronomy (ICT). Each studentship comes with a $6,000 scholarship and interstate/NZ students also receive airfares and a 50% accommodation subsidy. Four of our studentships are offered in partnership with the Pawsey Centre for computational astronomy/data intensive astronomy projects.

Applications close on the 4th of September.
Studentships are expected to begin on the 30th of November and will consist of ten weeks work and a two week (paid) christmas break. Dates and timing can be flexible for successful students.

More details, including an indicative list of projects and the application form are at: www.icrar.org/studentships
Please also see the attached poster for further information. Feel free to print it out for noticeboards in your department if appropriate.
--
Kirsten Gottschalk
Astronomy Ambassador

Ph: +61 8 6488 7771
Mobile: +61 438 361 876
ICRAR: Discovering the hidden Universe through radio astronomy

www.icrar.org | Subscribe to ICRAR's eNewsletter | ICRAR on Twitter | ICRAR on Facebook

Gerhardt R. Meurer
Research Winthrop Professor
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research
The University of Western Australia
M468, 35 StirlingHighway, Crawley, WA 6009 AUSTRALIA
gerhardt.meurer at icrar.org   phone:  +61 8 6488 7728