[ASA] Feedback on Astronomy Governance Options Paper.

Lisa Fogarty l.fogarty at physics.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jul 15 14:42:37 AEST 2015

Dear All,

The AAO Users' Committee (http://www.aao.gov.au/about-us/AAOUC) held its
biannual meeting on Monday 13th July, where we discussed (among other
things) the recent astronomy governance options paper.

The committee noted that any change to astronomy governance will affect the
AAO, and this will likely have an impact on users of AAO facilities. We
therefore encourage all AAO users (and the community as a whole) to
consider this potential impact, and to provide feedback to Ann Bray (via
Damian Doyle: Damian.Doyle at industry.gov.au)  by the deadline of this
Friday, 17th July.

In addition the AAOUC will be providing its own feedback, representing the
point of view of the committee. We would like to stress that we will not be
attempting to represent the community as a whole; we will simply put
forward the committee's view.

Astronomy governance is a serious and pressing issue currently being
tackled in our community so we encourage everyone to engage with the
process and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
The AAOUC.
(Lisa Fogarty, Sarah Sweet, Luca Cortese, Michelle Cluver, Madusha
Gunawardhana, Catherine de Burgh-Day)

--
Dr Lisa Fogarty | CAASTRO Postdoctoral Fellow,
SIfA, Sydney Institute for Astronomy,

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 108, Rosehill Street H90 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
| AUSTRALIA

T +61 2 935 13112
E  l.fogarty at physics.usyd.edu.au | W  http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics