[ASA] Call for Student Representative Nominations to ASA Council

Emily Petroff ebpetroff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:22:31 AEST 2015

Hi everyone,

In July of this year I will be stepping down as the student representative
to the ASA council and a new student representative is needed. The duties
of the student representative are to attend ASA Council meetings either in
person or over telecon and represent student interests in meetings of the
Council. The meetings are held approximately 3 times per year and you will
need to attend these as the student rep. As a member of the ASA Council you
have input into ASA decision-making and get to learn about how
organizations like the ASA are run and organized. It's a great opportunity.
Additionally, you have the opportunity to meet and interact with your
fellow council members who are all distinguished members of the Australian
community. If you have any questions about what it means to be the student
representative on the ASA Council you can email me at
epetroff at astro.swin.edu.au

At the moment we would like to call for nominations for a new student
representative to begin their term at this year's July AGM. If you are
interested, please send an email with a short paragraph about yourself to
the ASA secretary John O'Byrne (john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au) including your
name, your university, what you work on, and why you'd like to be a member
of the ASA Council. Nominations should be submitted before Friday 19 June,
2015. If there are multiple candidates there will be an anonymous online
vote that all students can participate in once the nominations period
closes.

I hope to hear from you!

Cheers,
Emily Petroff