[ASA] Earthquake in Kathmandu

Andrew Hopkins andrew.hopkins at aao.gov.au
Thu May 14 11:25:14 AEST 2015

Dear ASA members,

     Thanks to those who have responded. We have two key points of contact,
one on the east-coast, one on the west-coast. For those wishing to make
or coordinate donations of hardware or funding, please contact:

East coast: Rajan Chhetri (rchhetri at phys.unsw.edu.au) and Maria Cunningham
West coast: Peter Quinn (peter.quinn at uwa.edu.au) and Prajwal Kafle

If you wish to proceed independently, please feel free to do so. In that
case Prajwal has provided the following update for transferring funds:

Binil's official local, in Kathmandu, bank account detail is as follows:
Account Holder's Name : BinilAryal
Official Address: Head, Central Department of Physics, Tribhuvan
University, Kirtipur

Account Number : 062741S
Branch Code: 005
Bank : Nepal Bangladesh Bank Ltd
Bank Address : Corporate office & Main branch, PO Box No. 9062
Bijuli Bajar, New Baneswor, Kathmandu , Nepal
Tel : +977-1-4783972 <tel:%2B977-1-4783972> / +977-1-4783975
<tel:%2B977-1-4783975>
fax : 977-01-4780169
Email : nbblho at nbbl.com.np <mailto:nbblho at nbbl.com.np>

SWIFT code : NPBBNPKA
The local banks have started operating so there should not be an issue
with fund transfer. Regarding the goods I guess they are still going to
Austrian address.

Binil has provided the following information for shipping of laptops:

Here I am sending address for sending Laptops (please send used laptops
(with charger/battery) only):
  ---------------------
  Ram Biswakarma
  General Keyes Str. 14
  5020 Salzburg
  Austria.
  ---------------------
  After the collection of laptops, I will officially request
humanitarian organization for the free-air-ncargo so that our department
can receive it in a good shape.

I would encourage you to notify Binil (aryalbinil at gmail.com) if you send
funds or
hardware, so that he knows to expect it and can track things down.

Many thanks to all of you for the support from our community to help
those in need in Kathmandu.
Andrew Hopkins
President, ASA