[ASA] Outline of an SKA Student Network

Christopher Herron cher7851 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Aug 4 13:02:30 AEST 2014

Dear ASA members,

Several important issues were raised during the SKA Town Hall meeting held at the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting, such as the need to inform students about the science that can be conducted with the SKA, and the need to foster collaboration between SKA member nations.

To address these issues, I have come up with the idea of an SKA Student Network. In short, this will be an international network whose members are students interested in the science possible with the SKA and SKA precursors. The primary goals of the network are to inform students about SKA science and project opportunities, to facilitate international collaboration, and public outreach.

For more information, please read the full outline, which can be accessed here: http://ozska.pbworks.com/w/page/83402899/Conceptual%20Outline%20for%20an%20SKA%20Student%20Network.

I would greatly appreciate comments on this outline, from any ASA members (not just students). You can either comment at the bottom of the webpage mentioned above, or email me directly.

Best regards,

Chris Herron