[ASA] Decadal Review WG3.3 Summary paper on Industry Engagement

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Tue Mar 18 15:12:58 AEDT 2014

The ASA exploder is working harder than usual with notices about meetings for the Decadal Plan.  I apologise for the extra email, but informing the community about these meetings is surely an important use of the exploder.

John

Dear ASA Members,

As Chair of the Decadal Plan WG 3.3 (Industry) I would like to share the attached summary paper prepared by the WG3.3 Executive reviewing the issues pertaining to Industry engagement.
I encourage everyone to read the summary on page 1 and prepare their thoughts for the discussion sessions at the upcoming Town Halls.

The Town Halls combining discussions for National & International Facilities, Industry, eScience and Research Funding will be held Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth on Mar 25,26,27 and Apr 3 respectively as set out at http://australianastronomydecadalplan.org

Streaming information will be available shortly.

As well as participating at the Town Halls we would welcome any comments to assist our review of the future successful Industry engagement. Please email your comments to me by 30 April.

Best regards
Carole

Carole Jackson
Professor, Radio Astronomy & Premier's Fellow

Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA)
Faculty of Science & Engineering
Curtin University
Western Australia

Tel +61 (0) 8 9266 4908