[ASA] 4MOST/WAVES town hall meeting at AAO

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Mar 5 00:04:37 AEDT 2014

Hi All,

Sometime ago Simon Driver wrote to you all regarding the prospect of an Australian-led Wide Area VISTA Extragalactic Survey on 4MOST (WAVES), and as a follow up to this we are organising a town hall meeting at AAO. As a final reminder:

To discuss this opportunity we are organising a Town Hall meeting at the AAO on Tuesday 11th March 9am-5pm.

Full details regarding 4MOST, WAVES and the town hall meeting can be found on our website at: http://www.wave-survey.org/

The intention of the meeting is three-fold:

- to inform the community about 4MOST and its current surveys (mainly GAIA and eROSITA follow-up)
- to hear from the community on the current WAVES design and any suggested additions/embellishments/modifications
- to discuss the path forward to securing Australian involvement via a 2014 ARC LIEF bid

If you're interested in coming to the meeting and have not already been in contact, please email aaron.robotham at uwa.edu.au so we can have an idea of final numbers.

Please also feel free to make contact with your node representative to discuss ideas before the meeting (see team tab on WAVES website).

We hope to see many of you there,

	Aaron and the WAVES Design Team

Dr Aaron S.G. Robotham

Research Assistant Professor

Tel: 		(+61) 08 6488 5564
Email: 	aaron.robotham at icrar.org
		aaron.robotham at uwa.edu.au
WWW:   	Academia.edu   GAMA

ICRAR M468, UWA, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009

ICRAR: Discovering the hidden Universe through radio astronomy

www.icrar.org | Subscribe to ICRAR's eNewsletter | ICRAR on Twitter | ICRAR on Facebook