[ASA] Shaping the future of the ADASS conference: 2014 Survey

Nuria P. F. Lorente Nuria.Lorente at aao.gov.au
Fri Feb 21 12:40:05 AEDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a survey  to ascertain the community's needs and wants in
relation to the ADASS conference.

ADASS (Astronomy Data Analysis and Software Systems) has been a successful
conference series for 23 years. If it is to continue to be successful and
relevant we need to ensure that it provides what we, the astronomy software,
methods and algorithms providers and users need from a regular conference.

To this end we would appreciate if you would spare a few minutes of your time to
fill out the ADASS 2014 questionnaire. This consists of 17 non-mandatory
questions about the content, style and governance of ADASS.

The survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ADASS2014

In 2015 ADASS will be held in Sydney: the first time in Australia and only the
second time outside Europe and the USA. This will be a great opportunity to
increase the visibility of the excellent work that takes place in Australian
institutions. Even if you have never attended an ADASS conference it would be
helpful to hear your ideas on what would constitute an interesting and useful
software conference for you.

We encourage you to participate and look forward to receiving your comments and
suggestions. We will use these to ensure that future ADASS conferences are
vibrant, interesting and remain at the cutting edge of our subject.

Apologies if you've received more than one copy of this message.
Best regards,

Nuria Lorente on behalf of the ADASS Program Organising Committee

Nuria P. F. Lorente
Australian Astronomical Observatory

e: nuria.lorente at aao.gov.au
p: +61 2 9372 4897