[ASA] Fwd: GMACS Trade Study Workshop, March 18-19

Matthew Colless matthew.colless at anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 22 05:57:08 AEDT 2014

Begin forwarded message:

From: "papovich.casey at gmail.com<mailto:papovich.casey at gmail.com> via surveymonkey.com<http://surveymonkey.com>" <member at surveymonkey.com<mailto:member at surveymonkey.com>>
Subject: Re: GMACS Trade Study Workshop, March 18-19
Date: 22 January 2014 03:33:58
To: <matthew.colless at anu.edu.au<mailto:matthew.colless at anu.edu.au>>

Dear colleague --

We will be hosting a workshop to discuss the technical and scientific capabilities for GMACS, the wide-field multi-object spectrograph for the GMT.   The meeting will be held March 18-19, 2014, at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX.

There is a website with more details, and travel and logistical information:

http://sites.google.com/site/gmacsworkshop2014/

If you are interested, please register at the website.

The goal of the meeting is to discuss various technical capabilities for GMACS (wavelength coverage, field-of-view, resolution, etc) and the science cases that would benefit from these capabilities.   The meeting will include few talks, with discussion time.   Over the next month, we will be circulating materials to the workshop participants to go over in advance of the meeting.

Feel free to circulate this announcement to anyone at your institution you think may be interested.

If you have questions, please direct them to Casey Papovich (papovich at tamu.edu).

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you in College Station, Texas.

Casey

————————————————
Casey Papovich
Associate Professor