[ASA] Early Career Researcher chapter activities at the ASA ASM

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Jul 4 21:59:56 AEST 2013

Hi,

As we announced recently, the ASA has formed a new chapter, devoted to the training and mentoring of the Early Career Researcher members. We just wanted to let you know about ECR activities happening during the ASA Annual Scientific meeting at Monash next week.

Firstly, we are holding a social mixer event with wine and cheese in the Banquet Halls on the Monday evening (5:45 - 6:45pm).Please come along! This will be an opportunity for the steering committee to get to know our membership and find out what people want from the chapter, as well as for you to get to know us.

Secondly, there is a Speed meet-a-mentor session being run by the Women in Astronomy chapter. It will also be on the Monday, during the lunch break (12:45-1:45) in the West Wing cellar. These have been very successful in previous years, and are well worth attending.

To find out more about the chapter, try the website at http://asaecr.smp.uq.edu.au/. To join us, simply send an email to asa.ecr.chapter at gmail.com with your name and details.

Thanks,
David Parkinson (interim chair)

on behalf of the steering committee:
James Allison, Daniel Bayliss, Andy Casey, Darren Croton, Sarah Martell, Cathryn Trott and Ivy Wong

David Parkinson
University of Queensland
d.parkinson at uq.edu.au