[ASA] STA: Will your local MP stand up for Australian science and research?

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jun 18 09:38:56 AEST 2013

ASA Members may be interested in the following campaign by Science & Technology Australia (STA):

Dear supporter,

My name is Catriona Jackson and I'm the new CEO of Science & Technology Australia (STA).

I'm writing to you today because Australian science and research is at a crossroads.

If we stand still for too long, we risk moving backwards and risk losing opportunities for our future

Will you join with me in asking our political leaders to support an all-party, non-partisan vision for science and all forms of research in Australia? Take action now.

In recent days, STA has joined Nobel Laureate Professor Brian Schmidt and six of Australia's leading research organisations in calling for a political commitment to six fundamental principles that will boost science and research.

It's important in this election year that all MPs hear from residents who support science and research.

Your email will help show the depth of community support for a future where science and all forms of research deliver a stronger economy and healthier society.

Take a minute and tell your MP why they should back science and research for a bright future.

Together, we can ensure our nation invests in building a stronger, smarter nation for all.

Catriona Jackson
CEO, Science and Technology Australia
www.scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au

© 2013 | Science and Technology Australia

To unsubscribe click here.

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser.