[ASA] Reminder - ASA Constitutional Ballot

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Fri Apr 5 15:20:52 AEDT 2013

Reminder:

Closing date for the ASA Constitutional ballot is 19 April.

> To All ASA Fellows, Honorary Fellows, Full Members, and Corporate Members
> (apologies to Students and Associate members)
>
> The Council of the ASA has for some time been investigating the option of electronic ballots for the Society with a view to simplifying the ballot process for members. To achieve this, the Society’s Constitution requires amendment. The enclosed amendments and ballot paper are provided so that members can vote on the proposed changes.  With the current Constitution, alterations to the Constitution require a majority of three-quarters of the votes cast in a special postal ballot”.
>
> In addition, the Council is taking the opportunity of the ballot to propose some changes to the Council itself to improve its operation and a minor change regarding Corporate members.
>
> Also, a number of By-Law changes are proposed, many required because of the Constitutional changes.  It is not necessary to vote on By-Law changes but it is a requirement that the Council notify members of such changes, so they are also attached.
>
> Please complete the ballot paper and return it to me by post by 19 April 2013.  The completed ballot papers must be placed in a sealed envelope marked on the front with “Ballot paper only”, your signature and your name and then posted within a second envelope addressed to:
>
> Dr Marc Duldig, Secretary, ASA
> School of Mathematics and Physics
> University of Tasmania
> Private Bag 37, Hobart, Tasmania, 7000
>
> Please take this opportunity to help improve the operation of the ASA.
>

> Marc Duldig
> Secretary, ASA

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JOHN O’BYRNE
Associate Head (Teaching & Learning)
Chair, School Teaching & Learning Committee
Secretary, Astronomical Society of Australia Inc.

Sydney Institute for Astronomy
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 222, 44-70 Rosehill St Redfern H90 (see map) | (alternate: Rm 205, Physics Building A28)
Postal address: School of Physics | The University of Sydney | NSW | Australia | 2006
T +61 2 9351 3184  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au  | W  http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics/~obyrne

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.

This email uses 100% recycled words and ideas.  Do you really need to print it?