[ASA] Establishing a Global Network for Astronomy Outreach

Stuart Wyithe swyithe at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 3 10:19:41 AEDT 2013

Dear ASA members,

The NCA has been contacted by the IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach (OAO), requesting that we undertake a selection process for a National Outreach Contact to participate in the new IAU Global Network for Astronomy Outreach. The role is for a 3 year term and is similar to the IYA2009 SPoC.

Please find attached two documents that give further details about this position and the role of a NOC.

If you are interested in the opportunity of undertaking this role, please forward an application to Jeanette Mill (Jeanette.Mill at science.org.au<mailto:Jeanette.Mill at science.org.au>) by COB on the 19th April.

As per the OAO request please include

  *   A CV that demonstrates a strong background in astronomy, preferably working full-time in the field in a position that will support the NOC’s outreach work as part of their daily duties;
  *   Evidence of evaluation of three astronomy outreach activities organised by the applicant;
  *   Recommendations from two referees.

Given the significant nature of the role (~0.1FTE), we also ask that applicants provide a brief letter of support from their home institution.

Regards,

Stuart Wyithe

=============================
Professor Stuart Wyithe