[ASA] 3rd Announcement - Feeding, Feedback, and Fireworks: Celebrating Our Cosmic Landscape

amanda.bauer at aao.gov.au amanda.bauer at aao.gov.au
Thu Mar 21 16:08:19 AEDT 2013

 Feeding, Feedback, and Fireworks: Celebrating Our Cosmic Landscape
 24-28th June 2013
 Hamilton Island, Australia

*Important date:* 30th March 2013: Call for Contributions (Talks/Posters)
Closes

*Note:* Once you register, you will receive an email and pdf form with
critical information needed to make hotel reservations, to complete
registration payments, and if necessary, to pay separately for the
conference dinner and outer reef excursion.  *To those who have already
registered*, we encourage you to check the webpage for the updated
registration form and make your registration payments as soon as possible.

The sixth meeting in the Southern Cross Astrophysics Conference series
will be held in beautiful Hamilton Island, Australia, June 24-28th, 2013.
The meeting, entitled “Feeding, Feedback, and Fireworks: Celebrating Our
Cosmic Landscape," will focus on galaxy evolution and how various feedback
and feeding processes transfer energy into and out of galaxies. We intend
to bring together observations, from radio to X–rays, and the best
available theoretical models, to create a more complete picture of how
galaxies came to be as they are.

The Southern Cross Astrophysics Conferences are held annually around
Australia with the aim of attracting international experts with wide
ranging skills to discuss a particular astrophysical topic. It is jointly
supported by the Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO) and CSIRO
Astronomy and Space Science (CASS).

For all the details, please see the workshop website:
http://www.aao.gov.au/conferences/fireworks/

For general information on the conference, please email:
fireworks13 at aao.gov.au

*Important dates:*
March 30, 2013: Call for contributions deadline
April 19, 2013: Program Release
May 17th, 2013: Registration closes.  Deadline payment registration fee.
June, 2013: Final announcement
June 24-28th, 2013: Conference
June 29th (9am - 5pm): Outer Reef Excursion

Kind Regards,
Amanda Bauer (chair)