[ASA] Save the Dates: 11-12 September 2013 Women in Astronomy Workshop Perth WA

Renu Sharma renu.sharma at uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 15 18:23:52 AEDT 2013

Dear ASA Members,

This is a preliminary email to inform you that the Women in Astronomy Workshop will be held on 11& 12 September 2013 in Perth Western Australia. It will be hosted by the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR). This is a preliminary notification of the dates of the workshop with a request that you please save these dates in your diary.  More information about the workshop will be sent soon and the WiA website will be updated soon to provide more information about the workshop.

The WiA Chapter of ASA has already held two very successful workshops  that were well attended and appreciated. We trust that the third workshop will receive equal if not greater support and enthusiasm from all of you and hope to see you all in Perth in September. Spring in Perth is very beautiful.

Please do send any topics or themes that you would like to see covered in this workshop to Dr. Lisa Harvey-Smith (Lisa.Harvey-Smith at csiro.au), Chair WiA Chapter or to me. All suggestions received will be discussed with the Program Organizing Committee that is in the process of being finalized.

Once again, please do save these dates and we hope to welcome you to the WiA Workshop in September in Perth.