[ASA] CAASTRO in the Classroom - Call for Speakers

CAASTRO in the Classroom citc at caastro.org
Fri Feb 15 10:53:19 AEDT 2013

Interested in inspiring the next generation of scientists?

Keen to share your knowledge with the astronomers of tomorrow?

We are currently looking for speakers to assist the unique outreach
programme of "CAASTRO in the Classroom" (CitC). Using
videoconferencing facilities, we provide the opportunity for you to
discuss modern astronomy with hundreds of students across NSW in a
short session - all from the comfort of your own office!

Previous speakers have included PhD students, postdocs, professors,
and even Nobel laureates - talking about everything from the solar
system to the Big Bang. There have even been talks on the sounds of
space, and the Aboriginal interpretation of constellations. So you can
talk about almost anything you find interesting. We need *you* to help
CAASTRO in the Classroom to reach out to the younger generation and
spark continued interest in science and physics! Talks are scheduled
from next week, and continue on a regular basis throughout the year.

If you'd be interested in sharing your skills with the kids, or have
any questions, then please drop us a line at citc at caastro.org or visit
www.caastro.org/citc for further details. We really look forward to
hearing from you.

All the best,
Dr Jamie Farnes & Dr Shane O'Sullivan (CAASTRO in the Classroom Coordinators)