[ASA] New CEO for Science and Technology Australia and other news

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Mon Feb 11 17:03:12 AEDT 2013

To ASA members,

FYI……

New CEO for Science & Technology Australia

Catriona Jackson will be the new CEO for the nation’s peak body for science and technology, president of Science & Technology Australia Professor Michael Holland announced today.

Professor Holland said:

“Ms Jackson comes with a 25-year background in politics at the senior level in the federal arena - in Government and Opposition - in tertiary education and in print and radio journalism.”

“Most recently she led the Communication and External Liaison Office at The Australian National University and prior to that was a senior staff member for former science and research Minister Senator Kim Carr.

“We have every confidence that Ms Jackson will be a forceful and intelligent advocate for the sector and we welcome her to this challenging role as we enter a critical election year.

“Ms Jackson replaces Anna-Maria Arabia, who has been the face, heart and soul of Science & Technology Australia for the past 3 years.

“The science community has been very fortunate to be so well served by such a passionate and professional advocate and campaigner.

“Ms Arabia will be sorely missed by all of us at Science and Technology Australia. We are very pleased that she has taken up a senior position at Questacon, and we look forward to working with her as she pursues her passion for science and its role in boosting the nation’s prosperity.”
_______

Catriona Jackson - 0417 142 238
Professor Michael Holland – 0407 960 782
_______

Also:

2013 PRIME MINISTER’S PRIZES FOR SCIENCE ARE OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS
http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/

And:

STA THANKS MINISTER EVANS, WELCOMES MINISTER BOWEN
http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/in-the-media/sta-thanks-minister-evans-welcomes-minister-bowen/