[ASA] News update

Kate Brooks Kate.Brooks at csiro.au
Thu Jan 24 17:45:19 AEDT 2013

Dear members,

I am pleased to pass on two good news stories from this day 24 January 2013:

Distinguished astrophysicist Professor Warrick Couch has been appointed as Director of the Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO).
http://minister.innovation.gov.au/chrisevans/MediaReleases/Pages/ProfessorWarrickCouchtoheadAustralianAstronomicalObservatory.aspx

Australian astronomer Professor Ken Freeman has been awarded the American Astronomical Society's top prize - the Henry Norris Russell Lectureship
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-24/anu-researcher-wins-top-science-prize/4482442

Please join me in congratulating Warrick and Ken for their achievements. I wish Warrick all the very best in his new role as AAO Director.

Cheers,
Kate Brooks
ASA, President