[ASA] Conference 'A New Era of Stellar Astrophysics with Kepler'

Dennis Stello stello at physics.usyd.edu.au
Thu Dec 13 12:02:46 AEDT 2012

Dear ASA members,

KASC6: A New Era of Stellar Astrophysics with Kepler
23-28 June 2012 Citygate Sydney, Sydney

We are please to announce that the next big Kepler conference will be in
Sydney, 23-28 June 2013.  The conference will be open to anyone (no
membership of particular science teams required), and we particularly
welcome participants from the Australian astronomical community.

The main themes of the conference will be Stellar structure and evolution,
Stellar activity and rotation, Binary stars, and connections to Extrasolar
planets, but we welcome any abstracts submission that are related to
Kepler data.  We seek abstract submissions on both theoretical and
observational aspects.

This event offers a great opportunity to establish new links within
research fields that have experienced dramatic progress in recent years
due to space missions like Kepler, particularly stellar astrophysics
and planet science.

Conference website: kasc6.com

Kind regards
Dennis Stello (chair LOC)
Tim Bedding
Othman Benomar
Charles Kuehn
Simon O'Toole
Tim White

DENNIS STELLO | Senior Lecturer
School of Physics A28 | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm225, K90 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9036 5108  | F +61 2 9351 7726
E stello at physics.usyd.edu.au  | W http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~stello/