[ASA] CASS Radio Astronomy School 2012

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Thu Jun 21 12:36:59 AEST 2012

Dear all,

I am writing to announce the next CASS Radio Astronomy School which will be held at the Australia Telescope Compact Array, NSW, on 24-28 September 2012.

The format of the school will be similar to previous Radio Astronomy Schools, with a mix of lectures and practical hands-on sessions. Material will be presented by both radio astronomers and engineers. The lectures will cover both single dish telescopes and interferometers, however, the emphasis of this year's school will be on interferometry. The intended audience is postgraduate students and other interested researchers. No prior experience with radio astronomy is required.

We are fortunate to have as international speakers Ravi Subrahmanyan from the Raman Research Institute and Urvashi Rau from the NRAO.