[ASA] ASA ECR workshop 2016: save the date!

ASA Early Career Researchers Chapter asa.ecr.chapter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:59:31 AEDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

The ASA Early Career Researchers chapter is pleased to announce our next
ECR Mentoring Workshop, which will be held on 30-31 May near Melbourne
(venue TBD). This workshop is an opportunity to learn important
(non-research) skills for advancing your career in academia and elsewhere,
expand your network, and receive advice and guidance from our panel of
mentors, all in a relaxed setting away from the academic environment.

The theme of this year's workshop is "Survive and Thrive in Astronomy and
Beyond", and we will touch on topics of career planning, leadership,
nonacademic careers and mental health. Feedback from previous workshops has
been very positive, and we are looking forward to another constructive and
community-building meeting this year. The conference web site at
http://asaecr.smp.uq.edu.au/events/workshop-2016/ will be updated with more
information soon.

This workshop is intended for late-stage PhD students, postdocs and very
junior faculty. Please pass this message on to your colleagues; ASA members
are encouraged to join the ECR Chapter by emailing asa.ecr.chapter at gmail.com
.

We will be in touch shortly with further details. Please plan to join us!

Cheers,
Sarah Martell
for the ECR Chapter Steering Committee